A New Year and NavNight starts again.
This week we did some table top mapping. In teams, they were asked to make a pattern with any found objects, map them, clear them off and find another team to put them back. I took a picture of the tables to check how good they were at replacing when using the maps.
The discussions brought up the need for North lines (or at least some way of orientating the maps), a key for symbols, that the map is a view from above, that different map interpretations of the same area are common.
The we did some Cloostermans Go4O Section 2. All seemed to enjoy this. The main thing was to keep the map orientated at all times.
A reasonable session, with some fun activities.